Dr. Vijay Kumar Chaurasiya
MBA-IT & MS-CLIS Division
Indian Institute of Information Technology
Jhalwa Campus, Deoghat, Allahabad, U.P., India - 211012
- Ph.D. in IT, with specialization in Wireless Sensor Networks, from Indian Institute of Information Technology Allahabad (U.P.), India in July 2010.
- M. Tech. in IT, with specialization in Wireless Communication and Computing, from Indian Institute of Information Technology Allahabad (U.P.), India in June 2004 (http://www.iiita.ac.in).
- B.Tech. in Computer Science and Engineering, from MIET, Meerut(U.P.) India in August 2001. (http://www.miet.ac.in).
Scholarships & Awards
- GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test Examination) -2002 with 94.81 percentile.
- Received MHRD stipend of Rs.5000/- p.m. during M.Tech at IIITA.
Title:Design and Analysis of Protocols for Self Organized Wireless Sensor Network
AbstractWireless Sensor Network is a network formed by the interconnection of sensor nodes, capable of communicating over wireless links. WSN can be used for a variety of applications. WSNs are primarily used in a scenario where human cannot survive but now we are witnessing many more applications of wireless sensor network which are useful for industry, environment, health and the entire universe. Some of these applications include industrial process automation, monitoring, inventory management, contaminant monitoring, forest fire detection, temperature control and humidity control, habitat monitoring of species, health monitoring and so on. WSNs have the potential to be used in many more applications. To make them applicable for other applications, protocols are required to organize individual nodes to create a network, localization techniques to locate individual nodes in the network and routing protocols to save energy to enhance overall lifetime of network. The dissertation addresses two of the above mentioned issues of WSNs. These issues include self organization of the nodes to create a network and localization of the nodes in the area of deployment. This dissertation propose design and analysis of a novel clustering algorithm to organize the nodes in the network and two localization technique, one for two dimensional deployment and another for three dimensional deployment. The overall objective of the protocols developed, is to reduce the energy consumption of the individual node for exchanging control information which results into the enhancement of overall network lifetime.
Clustering Protocols are important to enhance the lifetime of the network. The clustering algorithm proposed in the thesis uses traffic pattern of the network to create clusters. The algorithm creates clusters in a manner that can balance inter cluster traffic and inter cluster traffic coming on the cluster heads. Simulation result shows that the proposed clustering approach is capable of selecting cluster heads to balance the traffic in the network and enhance overall life time of the network.
Localization of the nodes is important in sensor network for location aware sensing applications. This thesis is proposing two localization algorithms for WSN. The first algorithm is proposed for localization in two dimensional area and using directional antenna for its implementation. Simulation results shows that the algorithm work well and produce results with acceptable accuracy. The effect of various parameters on the performance of proposed algorithm has also been analyzed.
The second localization algorithm has been proposed for localization in three dimensional space using MDS. The main contribution of the algorithm is to produce distance matrix representing distance of each node to all the other nodes in the network based on the local connectivity information of the nodes. The localization algorithm also propose to use Helmert transformation to convert the local coordinates of the node obtained from MDS into a global coordinate system defined by the anchor nodes present in the network. Simulation results verify that the algorithm is capable of locating nodes in WSN with acceptable accuracy. The effect of various parameters on the performance of proposed algorithm has also been analyzed.
Title : Efficient Handover Management in Wireless ATM to assure QoS
AbstractIn the thesis, the problem related to handover in Wireless ATM networks is discussed and its remedy is explained. Though the domain of the handover problem is very wide and a number of handover solutions are available. Researcher are concentrated on various aspects of handover problems and tried to give solution for it. Mobility support and signaling architecture are two the main areas which is closely related to handover process. Then a handover solution based on the proposed signaling architecture is presented. The handover process is devised such that it assures a lossless and insequence cell delivery. The lossless and insequence cell delivery is achieved through the use of inband marks (ATM cells presenting certain marks as end of data). These inband marks and cell forwarding from old AP to new AP assures that the handover process is lossless and cell delivery is in the right sequence.
In the next part of thesis work, need of buffering and forwarding at APs and need for buffering at MT is explained with some theoretical setup. Then the amount of buffer required at APs and the overall handover delay is calculated for the proposed handover scheme.
Projects Done at Master’s (M.Tech.) Level
- Stateless auto configuration
- 6 to 4 Conversion of Packets
Description : Tried to make TCP more robust and making it suitable for
wireless networks by the implenentation of Snoop method available
Description : I used C and linux socket programming to simulate call setup between two users through base station and base station is responsible for all the call managment setup.
Description : Implementation the trivial ftp protocol using Linux Socket Programming.
Projects Done at Undergraduate (B.Tech.) Level
Description: An software for preparing pie, line and bar chart from give collection of data.
Description: Study of various requirement of various medical stockiest and provide a software for maintaining their stock and account.
Description: A program for handling large amount of data and implement techniques to query data from the database.
- National Seminar on “IPR issues and effect on Indian pharmaceutical industries “ at Indian Institute of Information Technology ,Allahabad .
- Attended International seminar on I.T Trends at IIIT, Allahabad.
- Attended International seminar on Intelligent Signal Processing and Robotics, IIIT-A.
- Attended IEEE sponsored Conference on Wireless Communication and Sensor Networks WCSN-2005 as the organizer.
- Attended IEEE sponsored Conference on Wireless Communication and Sensor Networks WCSN-2006 as the organizer.
- V.K. Chaurasiya, N. Jain, G.C. Nandi, A novel approach for 3D Localization in Wireless Sensor Network Using Multi Dimensional Scaling” Submitted to Elsevier Information Fusion Journal, submission date: April, 2010.(in press)
- V.K. Chaurasiya, R. Gupta, A. Sinha, A. Jaiswal, SAS 70 to SSAE 16 / ISAE 3402: An Insight into Outsourcing Security and Process Controls, and Significance of New Service Audit Standards. Global Journal of Business Research..
- V.K. Chaurasiya, R. Gupta, R. Jayaswar, J. Arora, R. Srivastava, Chandan, Safe-Space: Privacy Model for Online Social Networking Sites, Published in: International Journal of Information and Education Technology (IJIET).
- V.K. Chaurasiya, T. Srivastava, S. Sharma, S. Ardhapurkar, A. Vaish, E-Privacy and Data Protection in Indian Perspective Published in: International Journal of Computer Science Issues (IJCSI), 22 March, 2010.
- V.K. Chaurasiya, R. Gupta, M. Chandra, N. Kumar, S. Kumar, V. Srivastava, Protection from Paging and Signaling Attack in 3G CDMA networks, published in: International Conference on Networks and Computer Communications (ETNCC2011). April 22-24, 2011.
- V. K. Chaurasiya, R. Gupta, V. Srivastava, A. K. Keshri, A. D. Roy, Advanced Port Knocking Authentication Scheme with QRC using AES, published in: International Conference on Networks and Computer Communications (ETNCC2011). April 22-24, 2011.
- V.K. Chaurasiya, R. Gupta, A. Kesarwani, C. Gupta, M.M. Tripathi, V. Gupta, Implementation of Chinese wall Model in Cloud Computing for Enhanced Security, published in: International Conference on Networks and Computer Communications (ETNCC2011). April 22-24, 2011.
- V.K. Chaurasiya, R. Gupta, A.A. Pinto, S. Verma, S. Singh, P. Srivastava, Securing Cloud System via Internal Control Management, published in: International Conference of Information Security and Internet Engineering, London, U.K., 6-8 July, 2011.
- V.K. Chaurasiya, R. Gupta, S.G. Banerji, S. Mohanty, Information Security Governance is Critical to Wider Corporate Governance Demands-An Indian Perspective, published in: International Conference on Economics, Trade and Development, (ICETD 2011), Bali, Indonesia, April 1-3, 2011.
- V.K. Chaurasiya, R. Gupta, P. Srivastava, S. Singh, A.A. Pinto, S. Verma, An architecture based on proactive model for security in cloud computing, published in: International Conference on Recent trends in Information Technology (ICRTIT), 03-05 June 2011, Chennai.
- V.K. Chaurasiya, A. Vaish, B.S. Thakur, D. Varma, K. Mishra, M. Joshi, P. Sharma, Managing Wireless LAN Infrastructure for Enhanced Security, accepted in: The 2010 International Conference on Informatics, Cybernetics, and Computer Applications (ICICCA2010), 2010, Jain University, Bangalore, India.
- V.K. Chaurasiya A.Kumar, A. Singh, A.K. Tripathi, Distributed denial of service & its counter measures, accepted in: The 2010 International Conference on Informatics, Cybernetics, and Computer Applications (ICICCA2010), 2010, Jain University, Bangalore, India.
- V.K. Chaurasiya, S. Srivastava, S. Chandra , S. Saxena, Honeypot Placement in Network Architecture to Enhancing the Efficiency of IDS System, published in: First International Conference On Management Of Technologies & Information security “ICMIS 2010”. Jan 21-24, 2010, IIIT Allahabad, India.
- V.K. Chaurasiya, R. L. Lavavanshi, S. Verma, G.C. Nandi, Localization in Wireless Sensor Networks using Directional Antenna, published in: IEEE International Conference on Advance Computing Conference, 2009. IACC 2009, 6-7 March,2009, Patiala, India
- V.K. Chaurasiya, A. Pathak, A.. Biswas, S. Dev, A. Srivastava, A different approach to risk assessment, accepted in International Conference on Management Technology and Applications (ICMTA 2009), 8-11 Aug,2009, Beijing, China.
- V.K. Chaurasiya, S.R. Kumar, S. Verma, G.C. Nandi, Traffic Based Clustering in Wireless Sensor Network published in: Fourth IEEE International Conference on Wireless Communication and Sensor Networks, 2008. WCSN 2008, 27-29 Dec,2008, Allahabad, India.
- V.K. Chaurasiya, A.D. Dhiwal, S. Gautam, A.K. Singh, MailZoro - email based P2P file sharing, published in: 16th IEEE International Conference on Networks, 2008. ICON 2008, 12-14 Dec. 2008, New Delhi, India.
- V.K. Chaurasiya, P. Dhyani, S. Munot, Linux Highly Available (HA) Fault-Tolerant Servers, published in: 10th IEEE International Conference on Information Technology, (ICIT 2007), pages 223-226, 17-20 Dec’ 2007.
- V.K. Chaurasiya, S. Dwivedi, A. Shah, M. Homana, L. Herbst, Heterogeneous Wireless Devices: Networking for Monitoring Application, published in: International conference on Wireless Communication and Sensor Networks( WCSN), 2006, Allahabad, India
- V.K. Chaurasiya, S. Dwivedi, Managing and Accessing Sensor Network from Internet Browser, published in: International conference on Wireless Communication and Sensor Networks( WCSN), 2005, Allahabad, India
Details of Funded Projects
- Project Detail: Working member of the ongoing project of IT/ITES, funded by MCIT, Govt. of India.
- Content Development and disseminating knowledge by organizing workshops.
- Organized a short term course in Data Digitization, Warehousing and Mining in October.
- Project Detail: Working member of the ongoing project of education through ICT funded by AICTE, Govt. of India.
- Developing content and organizing summer/winter schools and redresser courses for teachers.
- Organized a workshop on Data Digitization, Data Warehousing and Data Mining in Nov, 2010.
Workshop & Seminar Organized/ Attended
- Member of organizing committee of International conference on WCSN organized at IIIT-Allahabad – India in Dec, 2005.
- Member of organizing committee of International conference on WCSN organized at IIIT-Allahabad – India in Dec, 2006.
- Member of organizing committee of seminar on IT-Vision 2020 organized at IIIT-Allahabad – India in Sep, 2007.
- Member of organizing committee of seminar on Information Awareness Program organized at IIIT-Allahabad – India in Nov 2007.
- Member of organizing committee of International conference on WCSN organized at IIIT-Allahabad – India in Dec, 2007.
- Attended 5 days of technical training program on Storage Technology organized by EMC2 at Amity University, Noida.
- Attended 5 days of short term training program on Information Security and Cyber Law organized by MANIT, Bhopal.
- Organized IEEE sponsored Conference on Wireless Communication and Sensor Networks WCSN-2008.
- Organized IEEE sponsored Conference on Wireless Communication and Sensor Networks WCSN-2009.
- Member of Organizing Committee of 2 days workshop on Information security.
- Member of the organizing committee if first science conclave Dec, 2009.
- Organized Short Term course on Data Digitization, Data Warehousing and Data Mining.
- Member of the organizing committee of second science conclave Dec, 2009.
- Member of organizing committee and one of the track coordinator of First International Conference on Management of Technologies & Information Security “ICMIS 2010”.
- Delivered a talk on “Knowledge Management” in a Program for Technology Information Facilitation jointly organized by IIIT-A and DSIT, New Delhi.
- Member of sport committee of IIIT-Allahabad.
- Active member of organizing committee of Effervescence’ 2007.
- Active member of Organizing Committee of 2 days workshop on Information security.
- Reviewed papers submitted at WCSN 2007.
- Delivered a lecture on the topic “Network Layer Issues in WSN” in the preconference workshop organized during WCSN, 11-12 Dec, 2007 at IIIT-Allahabad.
- Delivered an invited talk on “knowledge Management” n the preconference workshop organized seminar on Information Awareness Program organized at IIIT-Allahabad – India in Nov 2007.
- Visited China as a member of delegation send by IIIT-A for 3rd Mission to China (Beijing, Shenyang and Shanghai) for Universities, Business Schools and Institutes of Engineering and Technology from India (Monday, June18 until Sunday, 24 June, 2007).
- Exchange a letter of intent for academic collaboration with Shenyang University, China.
- Continuous involvement in MBA(IT) and M.Tech(WCC) lab management and maintenance.
- Supervised many M.Tech thesis, graduate and undergraduate projects.
- Visited Beijing, Shanghai and Shneyang, China as a member of 3rd Educational Mission to Chinese Universities, Business Schools and Institutes of Engineering and Technology from India initiated by GoI .
- Database Management & 4 Generation Languages (DM4-232MS)
- Network & Network Security (NNS-322MB)(NNS-122MS)
- Object Oriented Methedology (OOM-222MB)
- Database Management System (DMS-122MB)
- Network & Network Security (NNS-322MB)
- Storage Technology & Networking (STN-630)
- Database Security (DBS-322MS)
- Protocol Implementation (M.Tech -WCC)
- Software Solution & Processing (SSP-222MB)
- Networking Technology (NT-332MB)
- Computer Networks (CNE-432)
- Intelligent Networks (M.Tech-(IS) (IN-322)
- Internet Technology (IT-232MS)
- Object Oriented Software Engineering (M.Tech-SE)(OOSE-122)
- Software Architecture (M.Tech-SE) (SA-232)
- Transport Protocol for Wireless Networks
- Network Protocols(NP-220)
- Database and Database security (DBS-230 MS)
Areas of Interest
- Network Performance
- Routing Protocols
- Wireless Sensor Networks
- Wireless LAN
- Mobile Ad-hoc Network
- Database Management System
- Network Security
Father’s Name : Mr. Ram Babu Chaurasia
Date of Birth : 25th June,1979.
Place of Birth : Allahabad, U.P., India
Languages known : English, Hindi.
Marital Status : Married
No. of Children : 1 (Daughter)
- Prof. G. C. Nandi, Professor & Dean (Academics)
Indian Institute of Information Technology-Allahabad
Mobile No.: - 91-9415235176
- Dr. S. Verma (Associate Professor)
Indian Institute of Information Technology-Allahabad
Mobile No.: - 91-9450965336
- Dr. Shirshu Verma (Associate Professor)
Mobile No.: - 91-9450965329