Total Ongoing Budget: 85 Lacs Appx.
"Graphene Transistors on DIfferent HIgh-k Dielectrics as Perfromance Boosters and Role of Self Heating: A Physics Based Theoretical Approach", Principle Investigator: Dr. Sitangshu Bhattacharya, funded by Young Scientist Scheme, DST, Govt. of India, (Duration: 2015-2018), Grant sanctioned: INR, 27 Lacs (appx). Status: Ongoing.
"Silicon Nanowires: Professional Compact Model of Scale Thermoelectric Figure of Merit for Energy Harvesting", Principle Investigator: Dr. Rekha Verma, funded by Young Scientist Scheme, DST, Govt. of India, (Duration: 2015-2018), Grant sanctioned: INR, 23 Lacs (appx). Status: Ongoing.
"Power Scaling in Next-Generation Nanoelectronics Materials and Devices", Principle Investigator: Dr. Sitangshu Bhattacharya, funded by INSPIRE FACULTY PROGRAME, DST, Govt. of India, (Duration: 2013-2018), Grant sanctioned: INR, 35 Lacs. Status: Ongoing.
"Compact Modeling of Carbon Nanotube Transistors and Their Interconnects", Principle Investigator: Dr. Sitangshu Bhattacharya, funded by Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India, (Duration: 2009-2012), Grant sanctioned: INR, 21 Lacs. Status: Completed and awarded "Excellent gratification" by Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India.
"Ab-Initio Analytical Study of the Effect of Strain on Silicon", Co-Principle Investigator: Dr. Sitangshu Bhattacharya, funded by Indian Space Research Organization-Indian Institute of Science, Space Technology Cell, (Duration: 2010 to 2013, Grant sanctioned: INR, 25 Lacs. Status: Completed.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS:
Dr. SITANGSHU BHATTACHARYA
- Convener,DUGC of the department of ECE.
- Prestigious INSPIRE FACULTY Award 2013 by Department of Science & Technology (DST), Govt. of India.
- "Excellent" award certificate from the DST, Govt. of India, on the completion of funded project.
- Fellowship from DST.
- Institute Fellowship, Indian Institute of Science Bangalore, India.
- National Scholarship Scheme from Ministry of Human Resource and Development, Govt. of India.
- International Travel Awards from DST & Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, Govt. of India.
Professional affiliations and assignments
- Member, IEEE, Electron Device Society & Robotics Society.
- Referee of selected international journals like IEEE-Transactions on Electron Devices, IEEE-Transactions on VLSI, Journal of Applied Physics, Journal of Materials Science and Engineering B, IEEE Symposium, etc..
Dr. REKHA VERMA
- Prestigious "TechnoInventor Award 2014" for outstanding research contribution in PhD work.
- MHRD Fellowship, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore-India during August 2011-April 2014.
- International Travel Grant 2013 from DST and CSIR, Government of India for presenting paper in International conference at Washington DC, USA.
- Microsoft Research grant 2013 for International travel from Electrical Sciences division of Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
- Fellowship from DST, Government of India at Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore during August 2010-July 2011
- Fellowship from R&D cell at Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur-India for working on the project entitled "Solar Energy Research Enclave" during February 2010-July 2010.
Professional affiliations and assignments
- Vice-chair,IEEE Electron Devices society UP chapter since April 2016.
- Member, IEEE, Electron Device Society.
- Member, Association for Computing Machinery.
- Reviewer, IEEE-Transactions on Electron Devices.
- Member, KVPY 2014 interview board at Harish-Chandra Research Institue, Allahabad
NET LAB NEWS:
April 06, 2019: Our work on exciton-phonon couplings in hexagonal monolayer boron nitride is accepted in Physical Review B. In this work, we demonstrated how light is absorbed in monolayer BN to give brightest and strongest photo-luminescence.
July 13, 2018: Our work on exciton-phonon couplings got accepted in Physical Review B. In this work, we demonstrated how exciton couples with phonon in monolayer WSe2 to give brightest and strongest luminescence.
June 12-21, 2017: Dr. Rekha Verma and Dr. Sitangshu Bhattacharya conducted a short term course on "Quantum Transport Phenomena" at IIT Gandhinagar Details ...
March 9, 2017: Dr. Rekha Verma participated and presented her work on “Graphene based in-chip thermoelectric generator” at the 9th Indo-German Frontiers of Engineering Symposium 2017 March 9-12, 2017, Jaipur, India, co-organized by the Department of Science and Technology (DST)-India and the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation. https://www.humboldt-foundation.de/web/indogfoe-2017.html Details ...
March 3, 2017: Dr. Sitangshu Bhattacharya delivered a talk on “Role of Feynman Diagrams in Energy Band Structure of Materials-A Post Density Functional Theory Approach ” during IEEE Workshop on Compact Modeling at IIT Kanpur. https://www.iitk.ac.in/nanolab/Workshop/index.html
November 19, 2016: Dr. Rekha Verma and Dr. Sitangshu Bhattacharya have organized first one day IEEE Workshop on Electron Devices 2016 (WED’16) under IEEE EDS UP chapter at IIIT Allahabad.
February 8th, 2017: Miss. Suchitra kumari Joined our Lab as a Junior research fellow.
January 16th, 2017: Mr. Neelesh Gupta Joined our Lab as a PhD student.
January 16th, 2017: Mr. Anup Shrivastava Joined our Lab as a PhD student.
Assistant Professor, Ph.D: Jadavpur University, 2009, India.
Assistant Professor, Ph.D: IISc Bangalore, 2013, India.
Many-Body Perturbation Formulations of Electrical & Phonon Transport in 2D materials, Physics of Excitons and Surface Passivations, Thermoelectricity, Self-Heating in Interconnects