Total Ongoing Budget: 85 Lacs Appx.
"Graphene Transistors on DIfferent HIgh-k Dielectrics as Perfromance Boosters and Role of Self Heating: A Physics Based Theoretical Approach", Principle Investigator: Dr. Sitangshu Bhattacharya, funded by Young Scientist Scheme, DST, Govt. of India, (Duration: 2015-2018), Grant sanctioned: INR, 27 Lacs (appx). Status: Ongoing.
"Silicon Nanowires: Professional Compact Model of Scale Thermoelectric Figure of Merit for Energy Harvesting", Principle Investigator: Dr. Rekha Verma, funded by Young Scientist Scheme, DST, Govt. of India, (Duration: 2015-2018), Grant sanctioned: INR, 23 Lacs (appx). Status: Ongoing.
"Power Scaling in Next-Generation Nanoelectronics Materials and Devices", Principle Investigator: Dr. Sitangshu Bhattacharya, funded by INSPIRE FACULTY PROGRAME, DST, Govt. of India, (Duration: 2013-2018), Grant sanctioned: INR, 35 Lacs. Status: Ongoing.
"Compact Modeling of Carbon Nanotube Transistors and Their Interconnects", Principle Investigator: Dr. Sitangshu Bhattacharya, funded by Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India, (Duration: 2009-2012), Grant sanctioned: INR, 21 Lacs. Status: Completed and awarded "Excellent gratification" by Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India.
"Ab-Initio Analytical Study of the Effect of Strain on Silicon", Co-Principle Investigator: Dr. Sitangshu Bhattacharya, funded by Indian Space Research Organization-Indian Institute of Science, Space Technology Cell, (Duration: 2010 to 2013, Grant sanctioned: INR, 25 Lacs. Status: Completed.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS:
Dr. SITANGSHU BHATTACHARYA
- Convener,DUGC of the department of ECE.
- Prestigious INSPIRE FACULTY Award 2013 by Department of Science & Technology (DST), Govt. of India.
- "Excellent" award certificate from the DST, Govt. of India, on the completion of funded project.
- Fellowship from DST.
- Institute Fellowship, Indian Institute of Science Bangalore, India.
- National Scholarship Scheme from Ministry of Human Resource and Development, Govt. of India.
- International Travel Awards from DST & Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, Govt. of India.
Professional affiliations and assignments
- Member, IEEE, Electron Device Society & Robotics Society.
- Referee of selected international journals like IEEE-Transactions on Electron Devices, IEEE-Transactions on VLSI, Journal of Applied Physics, Journal of Materials Science and Engineering B, IEEE Symposium, etc..
Dr. REKHA VERMA
- Prestigious "TechnoInventor Award 2014" for outstanding research contribution in PhD work.
- MHRD Fellowship, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore-India during August 2011-April 2014.
- International Travel Grant 2013 from DST and CSIR, Government of India for presenting paper in International conference at Washington DC, USA.
- Microsoft Research grant 2013 for International travel from Electrical Sciences division of Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
- Fellowship from DST, Government of India at Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore during August 2010-July 2011
- Fellowship from R&D cell at Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur-India for working on the project entitled "Solar Energy Research Enclave" during February 2010-July 2010.
Professional affiliations and assignments
- Vice-chair,IEEE Electron Devices society UP chapter since April 2016.
- Member, IEEE, Electron Device Society.
- Member, Association for Computing Machinery.
- Reviewer, IEEE-Transactions on Electron Devices.
- Member, KVPY 2014 interview board at Harish-Chandra Research Institue, Allahabad
NET LAB NEWS:
June 12-21, 2017: Dr. Rekha Verma and Dr. Sitangshu Bhattacharya conducted a short term course on "Quantum Transport Phenomena" at IIT Gandhinagar Details ...
March 9, 2017: Dr. Rekha Verma participated and presented her work on “Graphene based in-chip thermoelectric generator” at the 9th Indo-German Frontiers of Engineering Symposium 2017 March 9-12, 2017, Jaipur, India, co-organized by the Department of Science and Technology (DST)-India and the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation. https://www.humboldt-foundation.de/web/indogfoe-2017.html Details ...
March 3, 2017: Dr. Sitangshu Bhattacharya delivered a talk on “Role of Feynman Diagrams in Energy Band Structure of Materials-A Post Density Functional Theory Approach ” during IEEE Workshop on Compact Modeling at IIT Kanpur. https://www.iitk.ac.in/nanolab/Workshop/index.html
November 19, 2016: Dr. Rekha Verma and Dr. Sitangshu Bhattacharya have organized first one day IEEE Workshop on Electron Devices 2016 (WED’16) under IEEE EDS UP chapter at IIIT Allahabad.
February 8th, 2017: Miss. Suchitra kumari Joined our Lab as a Junior research fellow.
January 16th, 2017: Mr. Neelesh Gupta Joined our Lab as a PhD student.
January 16th, 2017: Mr. Anup Shrivastava Joined our Lab as a PhD student.
Assistant Professor, Ph.D: Jadavpur University, 2009, India.
Assistant Professor, Ph.D: IISc Bangalore, 2013, India.
Many-Body Perturbation Formulations of Electrical & Phonon Transport in 2D materials, Physics of Excitons and Surface Passivations, Thermoelectricity, Self-Heating in Interconnects